At 10:59 PM 11/14/01 +0100, David PonÝzil wrote:
>does anzbody know how to create correct multipart component witch have more
>than 32 parts??
>Is there same Protel99SE limitations?

This question seems to have been passed over....

I know of no limit to the number of parts which can exist for a multipart
component, *however* if one has alphabetical part designation, Protel gets
indigestion when it runs out of letters and starts getting into odd ASCII
codes; apparently no checking was done to limit the code increment. Set
part designation to numerical and it will work fine.

(Tools/Preferences/Multipart_Suffixes/Numeric)

(I haven't tested more than about a hundred parts....)

(Protel should fix the alphabetical system. I'd suggest that whenever a
part exceeds 26 subparts, the system should automatically use numerical
suffixes even if the setting is alpha. An alternative would be to have a
user-defined sequence referenced in the schematic file. Not so simple, but
it would have other applications, for example when creating symbols or PCB
footprints one of the many "standard" sequences could be defined.)

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA