> In other words, if they lead someone to buy the program, Protel is going
> have one angry user when he realizes he's been sold a pig in a poke. I
> suppose they hope that the user will be hooked by that time. Maybe. Maybe
> he goes away mad and never again considers Protel or Altium and tells a
> hundred of his friends the story.

I agree totally!

They boast about this feature in the full pages ads in EE Times as well as
on the web site. The advertising of this feature almost got me to upgrade.
Fortunately I've learned to never trust anything Protel/Altium says and, the
talk on this forum about the uselessness of the 3D viewer confirmed my
suspicion that it was just marketing fluff.

Paul

Paul Hutchinson
Chief Engineer
Maximum Inc., 30 Samuel Barnet Blvd.