>To the best of my knowledge, there is no way to generate custom
components
>for use in 3D renderings for 99SE.

There is a program called Protel/IDF Interface, I don't know how well it
works, but you can set the height of the components, and the width and
depth are set by the overlay.
I've tried using Protel 3D interface before, but didn't have much luck;
any odd shaped boards and it doesn't like it, lots of other errors to,
like connectors sometimes looking correct and other times being a hugh
grey block (which covers half the board).
I've given up trying to use it, I just let our mechanical department
model it (give them a few measurements for main components, connectors,
etc).

Steve