On Fri, 16 Nov 2001, Tim Fifield wrote:

> Ivan,
> I'm also interested in what button you push.

Same here. I've got Specctra, so I don't care so much about the ARs
inability, but I've just convinced a customer of mine to buy Protel so
they can do their own maintenance of the board I've just done for them -
it doesn't require Specctra, but to hand-route it would be very very dull.
I suspect I'll need to know answers pretty soon.

(My experiences with the autorouter normally end up with an "unable to
initialise", or a design where the router seems to paint itself into a
complete no-hope situation, and gives up / stops trying. All very
depressing). Specctra, of course, may not be available as a standalone
product - I have little love for Cadence.

Steve