Dwight Harm wrote:

> Schematic, PCB, Powerprint, CAM Mgr, Autorouter, Camtastic (a bit).
>
> PLD I used a bit, but it was easier to switch to Xilinx's tools than to
> figure out how to get intermediate files from one to the other. (But it's a
> pain using Xilinx's schematic capture.)

I put serious time in on this over a year ago, and came up with
nothing.  Every attempt I made to take a standard file format and
get it to produce a Xilinx-usable bit stream for FPGAs or
configuration map for CPLDs ended in failure.  I sent the
offending files and error message information to Protel and
never heard a word back.  They obviously had no interest in
making PLD work for Xilinx.  I also tried to get .xnf and .edif
files to go into Xilinx's place&route software, but they didn't
like the file's format.

The Xilinx tools from back then were abominable.  They have
improved it considerably since then, but I still prefer the
Protel environment by a good margin.

Jon