Hi Ian and all,

The traffic on this forum would give a reasonable indication of what is
being used up until now as there are few enquiries re SIM & PLD in
comparison to Sch & PCB. As this would be difficult to quantify, I fully
agree with the proposal to carry out a more formal survey.

As for core / non-core I would suggest that this would be a veeerrryyy grey
one indeed and driven by the style of operation of the business & the amount
of free time available trying to figure out the un-documented bits.

>From the messages posted to date I suspect that the common areas in order of
usage are ( Coloured by the fact that we cover from vapourware thru software
and firmware & out to hardware. while not having spare playtime ):

< Start wild sweeping Generalisation >
SCH
PCB
Sync
Power Print
CAM manager

Spread
BOM

Camtastic  <- this IS a valuable addition to the pkg
Autorouter <- 13 years and we still live in hope...

SIM - My wife informs me that if prottle-spice wasn't useless-spice then we
might make more dollars to allow her to live like posh-spice albeit there is
a concern that I might run off looking for sporty-spice.

PLD

3D Autoplace & Autoquote servers are on the next page somewhere  with the
rest ;-)

< End  wild sweeping Generalisation >

The irony would be if prottle really do crack the router problems and then
price it out of reach as an addon, especially after forking out so many
dollars over the years to get what has turned up to date.

Cheers

Don Ingram