Jeff Adolphs wrote:

> Thanks to all for all the advise!!
>
> My latest theroy is that the extended RAM module was indeed bad. AutoCAD
> 2000 is running good without the RAM module. I am assuming current
> Protel projects may have had the Databases corrupted (when the bad RAM
> card was in place) and why I continue to get Protel crashes (although I
> haven't worked on Protel since using Database repair).
>
> At this point I have been able to get work done in all software
> programs. Time will tell whether I have other issues involved and I will
> keep the info from the group in mind.

Whew!  Having worked on a number of mini-mainframe systems over
the years (when they were king) and having gotten used to having
the computer stop rather than blundering on destroying data in
hidden ways, this is really intolerable!  It is totally apalling that
modern
computers don't even have parity in most cases, no less ECC memory.
I guess there are "server-grade" motherboards that do have these
features.

Jon