At 03:53 PM 11/29/2001 -0600, Jeff Stout wrote:
>1. Can I use a hole pair that goes through the prepreg, but
>does not go through the core material above or below that
>level?  I just don't see how it can be manufactured.

No.  At least not to my knowledge.  My understanding of the process is that
basically you can only use blind vias on cores.  You may not connect cores
to one another except with full through-hole vias.
Exception:  If you have 2 internal cores you can prepreg these together and
then drill through them... plate to connect these cores together, and then
prepreg more cores to the outside of that unit, through-hole drill the
whole thing and plate again, etc, etc, etc.

>2. Does anyone have an opinion on using B&B vias in a
>PCB for hi temperature hi vibration environment?

We have not had any problem with high shock & vibration or temperatures to
85C.  However, we do not extensively temp-cycle, and we were not using
military standards.

Frank Gilley
Dell-Star Technologies
(918) 838-1973 Phone