These are examples of how I set up my screens.

Fav #1 left monitor =
ftp://ftp.point-lab.com/quartus/Public/ProtelUsers/leftscreen1.png  140k
#1 right monitor =
ftp://ftp.point-lab.com/quartus/Public/ProtelUsers/rightscreen1.png  170k

Keep in mind, that if you use the tools and custom menu buttons, you can place them
anywhere on monitor #2 so that there is no obstructions over your board work space.
Because of a bug in Protel's adaptive screen scrolling speed, I left 1 toolbar on the
left, otherwise, scrolling to the left would always go extra slow.

Fav #2 left monitor =
ftp://ftp.point-lab.com/quartus/Public/ProtelUsers/leftscreen2.png  160k
#2 right monitor =
ftp://ftp.point-lab.com/quartus/Public/ProtelUsers/rightscreen2.png  112k

Sorry about my server speed, it only 256Kbits per second on UL.
Brian Guralnick