Hi Chris,

Under windows, the desktop is expanded across the two screens.  When you
maximize a program window, it occupies only one of the screens - except for
very few programs that are specifically written to expand across the entire
multiscreen panorama.  Protel will only occupy one screen when maximized.

The way we use the two screens, Protel is on the monitor directly in
front.  We drag Acrobat, a Gerber editor, Internet Explorer, or whatever to
the other screen which is to the right of the main screen.  We can then
open documents that are pertinent to the design on the right monitor for
reference while we are working in Protel.  If you are conferencing via
Internet, the open conference document can be up on the right screen while
you make changes on the main screen document.

Two video cards are not necessarily better than one good dual head
card.  In fact, there can be some significant driver problems when running
two cards if you fail to choose the video cards wisely.

After much experimentation, we settled on dual-head Matrox cards.  They are
very stable, and Matrox is constantly improving the firmware and
drivers.  Update downloads are available on the Matrox website at
reasonably frequent intervals - even for older cards.

Harry Selfridge
Encore Engineering Services and Products
Anaheim, CA