On Mon, 17 Dec 2001, Harry Selfridge wrote:

> After much experimentation, we settled on dual-head Matrox cards.  They are
> very stable, and Matrox is constantly improving the firmware and
> drivers.  Update downloads are available on the Matrox website at
> reasonably frequent intervals - even for older cards.

Danger, Will Robinson! The Matrox drivers, at least unitil very recently
when I gave up trying, do _not_ work on twin-CPU machines. (I tend to run
twins, so I can have Specctra battering away in the background, but keep
on Protelling on the other).
  If someone knows a way round this, I'll be back to using Matrox like a
shot, but at the moment, I'm ATI-single-heading it. Grump...

Steve