> If you want one footprint that can except two different
> devices you can
> do that with a special footprint (named ssop14-ssop16??).

This option causes DRC errors - or at least it does in my implementation. I
sometimes require an SO-14/SO-16W footprint, to allow alternative op-amps,
and I always seem to get DRC errors of the type "extra pads on net" etc...I
can live with them, but it's irritating.
Is there anyway to prevent the DRC from tripping over the extra pads?

Damon Kelly
Hardware Engineer

Blastronics Systems and Services
Infratech Systems & Services