At 05:24 PM 12/20/01 -0500, Abd ul-Rahman Lomax wrote:
>Last time I looked, Protel does not generate a DRC error for pads where
>the pads have the same name. If one of the pads has no name, it will
>create a DRC error.

This was a bit garbled. If two pads have the same net assignment, they will
not generate a DRC error no matter what they are named. My point was that
the synchronizer (the Schematic Update PCB command) will properly assign
pads belonging to the same footprint the same net if they have the same
name. If the names are different, they will not be assigned the same net
unless both pads occur in the net list and are in the same net. You can, of
course, manually change net assignments. This is not recommended except in
emergencies.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA