Hello everyone,

In Protel everything is connected by a net. Fine. When you go to lay tracks
on boards (If you let Protel do some of the work by auto routing) connects
like nets in a pin to pin fashion. I know I can configure some of the
routings in the design rules section. But here is my question. Take for
instance I create a ground plane that runs along the bottom whole length of
a board. How can I get Protel to net off the ground plane using the shortest
distance to a part? It seems to me that even if I create a ground plane
(Calling it GND) and use the auto route it still connects from the pad
instead of the plane. I can do it by hand but was hoping that I can have
Protel do most of the work.

Thanks
Steve