From: Ian Capps [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2002 12:25 AM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] Design Rules

Becouse Protel is using text it is unlikely that it can differentiate
between the individual tracks that make up the characters. Let's face it you
can pass DRC with a hole that is larger than on dimension of a pad so long
as the other dimension has adequate annular ring.

I have only just rreceived the 99SE so I haven't had a chance to play much
but I did notice that Camtastic will do a silkscreen clip. This will ensure
that there is no overlay on pads but the result can look pretty crappy if
you are not careful.

If in doubt tell the fab shop that you require silk screen clipping as their
software will do it without any problems.

Ian Capps