From: robi artwork [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2002 5:29 AM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] Re[3]: View PCB 3D

Hallo Waldemar - tut mir Leid dass ich dir da widerspreche - aber::
Hi everyone - sorry that  I disagree with that; but::

I don't see a 3D Viewer as a must - If you do you homework - properly
It seems to me more of a laziness of the engineer  to look after the height
restictions.
I never had a 3D Viewer - I nevere want one.
If things need to be placed in a low area - you just need to take care of
it and watch out.
robi

At 13:03 07/02/02 +0100, you wrote:

> > Looks nice. But what use is there ?
> >  From a prototype that has been tested I can make a shot
> > with a digital camera. This image is then used for fabrication
> > and documentation.
> > I realize there might be advantages when working with very
> > bulky parts, assuming collisions are visible. But with TQFP
> > and 1206 cases, 3D is not that spectacular. Showing off with
> > a nicley textured connector, rendered with 10k triangles ?
>< -- snipp -->
>
>Rene,
>         you are right if you are designing baords used in a simple case.
>But imagine you are designing for a case where only partly is enough room
>place even a TANT_C Capacitor, to say nothing of a connector....
>And now imagine the mechCAD-engeneer beside you is using an 3D-CAD while
you
>have to set placement rules and drawings in mech-layers to find out wether
or
>not you can place this part here .....
>Believe me, you will long for a 3D-tool.  :-)
>

>regards
>
>Waldemar

Robi Artwork  -  PCB Design Bureau
PO-Box 199,    Lot 33 Jamaica Drive