While a viewer could be useful, the real prize is interference checking.
It's just that the same information could be used for both, i.e., if you do
one, it is not that much more to do both. I'd consider the viewer the more
difficult one, and much of that work is, as I noted, already done.

As a minimum, I'd want to be able to edit the height field for components
and set a height model for the PCB. Exactly how that model is implemented
is quite open. One could use a mech layer with drawn regions and a piece of
text in each region to define the height: that is a method that would not
require much of anything to implement.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA