Brad,

Ive had this problem with keepout tracks.

I place the track to control where the polygon will pour therefore the
polygon is there when I place the track hence the track picks up the net
name.
I edit the porperties of the track and  change from GND (usually) to No_Net
and check keepout. The online drc then shows the error as it should.

BUT

If I repour the polygon it ignores the "different net" keepout and acts as
if the keepout isn't even there.

Similar but different problem.

Thanks

Wayne Trow
PCB Design Technician
Gallagher Group LTD
Hamilton
NEW ZEALAND
[p] +64 7 838 9800 ext 8737
[f] +64 7 838 9801
[e] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

|         |           "Brad Velander"  |
|         |           <BVelander@norsat|
|         |           .com>            |
|         |           13/02/2002 06:23 |
|         |           "Protel EDA      |
|         |           Forum"           |

  |       To:       "Protel EDA Forum List Server (E-mail)"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                     |
  |       cc:
                          |
  |       Subject:  [PEDA] Serious Bug: Polygons still connecting to pads after the
net has been changed to      |
  |        something other then the polygon net name.

P99Se Sp6 on W2K

Has anybody else noticed the bug that connects a pad to a polygon after
that
pad has been changed to a different net? Any solutions, besides deleting
the
pad and inserting a new one?
             In our microwave boards we do a lot of polygons with stitched
vias
and some pads. Time and time again I will change a free pad to a new
netname
so that it should not connect to the polygon pour. If the pad was
previously
the same net as the polygon and the polygon had been poured over the pad at
least once, changing to the new netname does not isolate the pad from
further polygon pours. On future polygon pours of the old polygon, it
continues to pour over the pad which is now connected to a different net.
It
also does not highlight the DRC violation.

Sincerely,
Brad Velander.

Lead PCB Designer
Norsat International Inc.
Microwave Products
Tel   (604) 292-9089 (direct line)
Fax  (604) 292-9010
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.norsat.com

See us at Booth 323 at Satellite 2002 in Washington, DC March 6-8.