I think the problem is that this is an ambiguous situation.  Keepouts only
prevent track from crossing -- you can have track on either side of it. Even
if it's a closed figure, you can have track inside.
        So if a polygon & keepout area overlap, where does the polygon "start"
from?  Which part of the polygon should not pour?  (And remember that a
designer might look at any specific case and say "it's obvious", but the
program would have to determine this for ANY abitrary keepout and polygon.)

No_Net