At 01:02 PM 2/12/2002 -0800, Dwight wrote:
>I think the problem is that this is an ambiguous situation.  Keepouts only
>prevent track from crossing -- you can have track on either side of it. Even
>if it's a closed figure, you can have track inside.
>         So if a polygon & keepout area overlap, where does the polygon
> "start"
>from?  Which part of the polygon should not pour?

The keepout, presumably, is a collection of tracks. The polygon pour will
keep clear of each one of them and thus of all of them. Yes, if the tracks
form a polygon, the pour may take place inside the polygon. If there is no
inside primitive belonging to the polygon's net, dead copper removal will
eliminate this part of the polygon, otherwise it will stay.

It is fully defined. The only reason one would think that it wasn't would
be from conceptualizing the keepout track figure as a polygon. To Protel,
it isn't.

(As I recall, there are some little nasties around what kinds of primitives
will give the pour region a net connection, it is not entirely correct. But
that is another story.)

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA