Tony,
        I have to reneg on the fact that the problem is related only to the
pad size. I am running in circles this morning and just now had a chance to
get back in the database and check Dwight's solution. It is not related to
pad size.

For those who just have to know the outcome! Read on.

        The problem was related to DRC rules. I had a rule specified to
clear the polygon around the tooling holes. This rule does obviously work
with the hole size because all of my tooling hole pads are 0 mils. The one
hole did not meet the rule requirement (it was at first net GND) because I
had specified the rule having "NO Net" on the tooling holes. This is why the
GND flood poured over initially. After changing the net back to "NO Net" the
rule should have worked and did not until I copied one of the other two pads
to replace the violating pad. After having connected as the pad being net
GND, the pad, DRC or the polygon was obviously corrupted and would not
properly clear the pad when it was renamed to "No Net".

The rule obviously does clear from the hole rather then the pad because it
normally works just fine as long I name the tooling hole net as No Net ( and
it was not previously connected to GND).

The rule is set as follows:

ItemA: Bottom Layer, Polygon, Net - Gnd
ItemB: Pad Specification 63.5mils, No Net, Multilayer, TOP&Mid&Bot X-0 Y-0
Shape-Round.
Different nets, 10 mils.

        This rule will clear 10 mil from the pad hole size rather then the
pad size.

        I believe that the problem mentioned with keepouts may be very
similarly related to rules definitions because in the previous experience I
had, which was similar to Wayne's comments, I was also using a rule to clear
the polygon from the layer specific keepouts. After the one segment of line
had been netted to GND, the flood continued to pour right over the keepout
even after I had changed the net on the one segment back to "no net".

        So I still think this is a bug! Can anybody confirm it now that I
believe I have sorted out all the details surrounding it. Any body wants to
see my database, I can cleanse it IP wise and share it later today (after I
get my files all panelized and out for quotation.

Sincerely,
Brad Velander.

Lead PCB Designer
Norsat International Inc.
Microwave Products
Tel   (604) 292-9089 (direct line)
Fax  (604) 292-9010
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.norsat.com

See us at Booth 323 at Satellite 2002 in Washington, DC March 6-8.