On 11:00 AM 13/02/2002 +0100, Aalt Lokhorst said:
>Hi All,
>
>At Wednesday, February 13, 2002 5:27 AM, Mr Lomax wrote:
>
> > It would be interesting to examine the ASCII database. I suspect that this
> > error might not persist through ASCII export/import, but I haven't tried
>it.
>
>In April 2001 I had some similar problems with a NO_NET track that was
>'remembering' the previous netname.

Similar?  I'd say it is the same.

I just had a look on the Protel KB - no reference to the issue that I could
find and we are just short of a year later.

Something that I would find really heartening from Altium would be
recognition that their bugs cost us time,  so we are not really keen on
reporting it in multiple places.  We have an issue, we post here to thrash
it about a bit.  That should be sufficient for Altium to consider it a
report and deal with it promptly.  If a bug is reported *anywhere* they
should follow it up, not only those bugs that are reported through the
"proper channels".  (And even then we can have confirmed bugs that do not
appear in the KB after many months.)  (I know that there have been times
that users reporting issues on this forum have been contacted by Protel
support but this is haphazard. I certainly appreciated the efforts of the
support staff when I was approached over a matter.)

I repeat a comment I have been making recently, it is this sort of
responsiveness that may make ATS worth something.  I am very concerned that
with the guaranteed income from ATS Altium will actually have to perform
less well in this area than currently.

BTW -  I like the old subject heading "Serious Bug: Polygons still
connecting to pads" better than the revised.

Bye for now,
Ian Wilson