> although i am habituated to the PgUp PgDn keys for zoom i think they
> were VERY BAD default choices
> whenever the focus is not on the graphical screen but on maybe a list
> box, the PgUp PgDn keys act as they would in most programs and move
> up/down the list, this drives me crazy in lib edit when i haven't
> clicked the screen first and then hit PgDn, but i'm really in the list
> box and the graphical object jumps to some other one
>
> PgUp PgDn should drive the scroll bars on a graphical screen
>
> Dennis Saputelli

If PgUp and PgDn were not used for Zoom In and Zoom Out, other keys would
have to be assigned for these functions.

Some applications I have seen use the '+' and '-' keys instead.

If such keys were used with Protel though, ... , which keys would then be
used to select the Next and Previous layers?

I'm not adverse to hearing your thoughts on this matter.

And on the topic of key assignments, my experience has been that certain
keys, like the 'Home', 'End', 'PgUp', 'PgDn', '+', '-', and '*' keys, seem
to be "hardwired" into Protel to some extent: if the default assignments for
these keys are changed (in the list of Shortcut resources), those default
assignments are *still* used if those keys are used while another command is
currently being executed. (Are there any other keys displaying this
behaviour?) That could be regarded as a bug; that said, it is not one that I
have lost too much sleep over to date.

Regards,
Geoff Harland.
E-Mail Disclaimer