At 03:25 AM 2/14/2002 +0000, Terry Harris wrote:
>Try really  watching what you or others do with your hands while you work
>for some clues about key choices. I guess in Protel most people's non-mouse
>hand hovers around the middle of the keyboard so having frequently used
>keys on the numeric keypad (as far from home as you can get) probably isn't
>very good.

Well, the way it was described, if taken literally, is a formula for
getting a frozen shoulder. I did it, and it took me a year to recover the
full use of that arm (it was misdiagnosed at first, which did not help),
but I am a professional, don't try this at home!

*Never* allow the hand to "hover" fully. The fingers should be lightly
resting on the keys, presumably in home position (there is usually a little
projection on the F key so you can feel home position with the forefinger
-- feeling is much faster than seeing), and the wrist should be supported
and the angle should be right.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA