At 05:38 PM 2/15/2002 -0500, Watnoski, Michael wrote:
>         One thing posters soon realize, that when helping someone else, you
>gain a greater knowledge of the subject.  How do you think these people
>became experts [?].

Bingo!

I joined the user list almost immediately upon buying Protel, and wrote
from the beginning. When I was wrong, someone corrected me, and not only
did I learn, but someone else who was also wrong read that message and also
learned.

But I had the habit of checking out whatever I wrote, so I wasn't usually
*wrong*. You could get the job done by following my advice. But quite
often, someone else would post a better or faster way. So jobs got done
*and* we got better as designers.

There is one user on this list who has been using Protel since before
Tango; we did work for each other at various times in pre-CAD days. It is
not uncommon for him to pop in with a note that he learned something by
reading one of the posts on this list. There are really powerful tools in
Protel that one might never notice, if not for the chatter here.

Yes, it takes a lot of time to write a lot, most users can't legitimately
spare that time. But quick notes can save someone from hours of frustration
and don't take all that much time. Definitely, I'd want anyone working for
me who uses Protel to at least read over this list regularly, and to write
at least occasionally if there is something to contribute. It is like any
professional association, there is a certain amount of schmoozing overhead,
but overall, it is well worth it.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA