Jami, Gilbert et al,
        speaking personally Gilbert has hit the issue right on the head.
Most of us have all gotten some very practical and timely help with problems
through this list. We would not have received that assistance if somebody
did not take the time to post responses. Posting is voluntary but it seems
that we have a pretty good group of selfless individuals who believe in this
premise of helping others.

        If the initial message was targeting a specific individual in a
crass and critical manner I hope that the targeted individual does not take
this to heart. This individual is self-employed and has for a long time
contributed selflessly to this list. Who is anybody to critique the time
that individual may spend posting to assist the rest of us with our
problems, issues and questions?

        Without knowing the exact period of the survey I cannot comment on
the frequency of my posts but I believe that I had several more posts then
were attributed to me. When things are a bit slower I post more when I have
input to share, when things are busier I will post less. It is up to those
individuals to regulate their time spent posting. I hope the initial post
was not so self-righteous as to be suggesting that people abuse their
employer's time. That is a judgment that only the individuals can make.

Sincerely,
Brad Velander.

Lead PCB Designer
Norsat International Inc.
Microwave Products
Tel   (604) 292-9089 (direct line)
Fax  (604) 292-9010
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.norsat.com

See us at Booth 323 at Satellite 2002 in Washington, DC March 6-8.