I just finished a big session of updating all the part info using the
spreadsheet export, which is too powerful to live without, now that I know
it's there. I've managed to find ways to work around most of its limitations,
but I've encountered one fairly serious problem that has my database in a bit
of a mess right now. When exporting to spread, numbers with leading zeros
like 0402 get treated as numbers rather than strings, and the leading zero
gets chopped off; also, hyphenated part numbers are treated as dates and
totally butchered. i was assuming that only fields which I edited would be
exported back to the schematic, but such is not the case.

For the part numbers, I can add a leading apostrophe to force treatment as a
string. However, for the footprint fields, I have to stay exactly with the
footprint names in my PCB library. Is there any way to beat the spreadsheet
export into submission?

Steve Hendrix