On Wed, 20 Feb 2002 12:25:24 -0800, Dwight wrote:
>A related discussion reminded me of this -- a very annoying
>"feature" of autosave is that it saves all open documents,
>whether or not they've been changed.  So although you can set it
>to keep multiple backups, if you leave your design open while
>doing something else, you may find you have several identical
>autosaved copies of all your open documents.  It even autosaves
>docs opened read-only!  This (a) reduces the usefulness of
>autosave; (b)
>lengthens the time of each autosave, which (c) increases the
>disruption of one's work/concentration.

I agree. In fact, I believe Protel should never autosave any file
unless it's been changed. I quit using Autosave because of this.
I routinely have 20+ page schematics and other design documents
open and actually rely to some extent on the file time/date stamp
to track my work. I never save a file unless I know I've changed
something or Protel prods me that I've made a change and do I
want to save it?  Not such a big deal for me, I have gotten into
the habit of using 'Alt-F-S' after every little operation I
perform (sort of a "mental breakpoint" anyway). But it's still an
annoyance.

Matt Pobursky
Maximum Performance Systems