This relates to Brian Guralnick & Stephen Smith (postings from 23.Oct.2001):
I had this problem, too, about one year ago. And also no one (including
swiss Protel support) had a solution.

But I found out myself: If you open the print preview without the target PCB
open, you are not allowed to change colors. You must open the PCB file first
and then the Print Preview for being able to do so.

Sory for this late answer, I found the item today sorting my PEDA
mailfolder. Perhaps someone of you still can use this information...

Heiko Vachek
elektronik 21 GmbH