hello,

i've been having a bit of trouble recently with my
readme file that i send in with the board stackup.
i get the names by right-clicking on the pcb and
selecting options/layer stack manager.  but the
board shop has complained some times that it doesn't
match my gerbers, and i have to agree with them.
for instance, i've got an 8-layer board now and the
stack manager shows:

toplayer
gnd
-5.2
midlayer1
midlayer30
gnd
+5
bottomlayer

r-click/options/document options/layers shows the
same names for the signal and internal planes.

BUT, in the generated gerbers i see a apr, drl, drr,
g1, g30, gbl, gbo, gbp, gbs, gd1, gg1, gko, gm1 thru
4, gp1 thru 4, gpb, gpt, gtl, gto, gtp, gts, rep, and
two txt files.

i can see my signal layers as gtl, gbl, g1, and g30,
but advanced circuits complained that they didn't
know about power and ground.

what's wrong?  why can't i create my stack list from
the stack manager?  am i going to be forced to open
gerbers in camtastic and deduce what is what?

thanks, miker