mr. lomax said:

That's the problem with introducing new features, the implementation is not
always complete. It's only recently that Protel gave us the option of
naming layers. These names do not readily translate to file extensions with
three letter names, so Protel did not modify the plot file names. Gp1 thru
4 refer to the Inner Planes 1 through 4. The mechanical layers are likewise
numbered.

**********

can you tell me this?  on the internal planes 1 thru 4,
does this reference the ORIGINAL way the planes laid,
or the final way when the gerbers were generated?  does
my question make sense?

i've shuffled my power/gnd planes around, so is it
possible that i have internal plane 3 right below toplayer,
and then internal plane 1 below that, etc, due to me
shifting things around?  or does the gerber generator
take the uppermost one it sees and call it GP1, etc?

to fix any error from confusion, i thought i'd just go
back and delete and the internal planes and then readd
them and leave them right where they are and note which
is gp1, gp2, etc, but now that i have these planes, it
won't let me delete them.

i absolutely hate the idea of having to open camtastic
and guess about which is which.

thanks, miker