Robison Michael R CNIN wrote:

> hello,
>
> i've been having a bit of trouble recently with my
> readme file that i send in with the board stackup.
> i get the names by right-clicking on the pcb and
> selecting options/layer stack manager.  but the
> board shop has complained some times that it doesn't
> match my gerbers, and i have to agree with them.
> for instance, i've got an 8-layer board now and the
> stack manager shows:
>
> toplayer
> gnd
> -5.2
> midlayer1
> midlayer30
> gnd
> +5
> bottomlayer
>
> r-click/options/document options/layers shows the
> same names for the signal and internal planes.
>
> BUT, in the generated gerbers i see a apr, drl, drr,
> g1, g30, gbl, gbo, gbp, gbs, gd1, gg1, gko, gm1 thru
> 4, gp1 thru 4, gpb, gpt, gtl, gto, gtp, gts, rep, and
> two txt files.
>
> i can see my signal layers as gtl, gbl, g1, and g30,
> but advanced circuits complained that they didn't
> know about power and ground.
>
> what's wrong?  why can't i create my stack list from
> the stack manager?  am i going to be forced to open
> gerbers in camtastic and deduce what is what?

GP1 and maybe GP4 should be your power layers.  I usually
get a GP1 and GP2 for them.  Anything that starts with A
is an aperture list, there should be one (usually identical)
for every Gxx file.

GxO is overlay, ie. silk screen.  So, GTO is Gerber Top Overlay,
GBO is Gerber Bottom Overlay.  GTP and GBP are paste masks,
ands your PCB vendor won't have much use for these files, as
they don't do assembly.  GTS and GBS are the solder masks.
The filename.DRL file is generally the EIA-format Excellon drill
file, which few PCB houses want. The filename.TXT should be the
ASCII-format drill file, which Adv. Circuits and others are more
familiar with.  You may have added a .txt file of your own somewhere.
GD1 is the drill DRAWING, with symbols drawn on the hole locations,
Adv. Circuits likes this as a cross-check against the gerber files.
GG1 is drill GUIDE, something like a pad master, Adv. Circuits
doesn't want this file.

DRR is the drill report, they need this to know what drill sizes to use.

I think I've identified all your files.

Jon