At 11:33 AM 2/28/2002 -0800, Dwight wrote:
>Steve is right.  There's definitely a problem with tracks that had a net,
>and then had all attached pads removed, and updated via "Update Free
>Primitives from Component Pads".  As you run the cursor over them, the
>status bar still shows the old net.  And even though the Properties dialog
>shows "No Net", a global select based on matching net of "No Net" will NOT
>select them.

Yes, I can confirm this behavior, and can report a little more. I had some
track with net VCC. I moved the component that gave the track its net and
ran Update. The track now shows "No Net" in the edit dialog. But it shows
VCC in the status bar. Editing another No Net track to select such tracks
globally did not select the track. However, a global edit through another
VCC track *did* pick up the track.

The right hand does not know what the left hand is doing. This is
definitely a bug.

However, the workaround is simple. The anomaly, as might have been
expected, did not survive a file save. I saved the file, closed it, and
then reloaded it. The track now behaved normally.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA