Steve is right.  There's definitely a problem with tracks that had a net,
and then had all attached pads removed, and updated via "Update Free
Primitives from Component Pads".  As you run the cursor over them, the
status bar still shows the old net.  And even though the Properties dialog
shows "No Net", a global select based on matching net of "No Net" will NOT
select them.