On Thu, 28 Feb 2002, Abd ul-Rahman Lomax wrote:

> I tested what I wrote before mailing it. I can only think of these
> possibilities: (1) Mr. Wiseman does not understand what was written and is
> therefore referring to some other command sequence, (2) his memory is
> simply faulty and he has not verified what he is claiming, (3) there is a
> bug which is not understood, or (4) his installation of Protel is damaged.

None of the above - both of your test segments were attached to the same
net - I suggested that copper which had been on the same net _did_ respond
properly to global ops, but copper on previoulsy different nets didn't.

> I took an old test pcb which had an 0805 footprint on it with both pads
> assigned to GND. I placed track to connect the pads, then I moved the part
> away so that the track was floating. Running Update left the track No-Net.

> At this point, I'd ask Mr. Wiseman to describe more exactly the behavior he
> thinks is a bug, because I could not reproduce it based on the partial
> description he has given.

Hmm - the description seems to have been as accurate as possible without
attaching the project. I do try hard to report possible bugs accurately -
it's an important issue, and since Protel normally does work, the bugs
tend to be in the less-used sections of the program. I don't think I've
called a bug falsely yet...

Steve