Sure but doing this removes components unique identifier and the ability to do
DRC against the schematic. For particular types of boards basically large
numbers of repeating sections ( 'widebus' logic test boards) using connectors
mounted from the bottom side and a number of sites, its basically a mix of
Protel generated arrays (with ' _1'  type of renumbering from PCB) and
copy/pasted sections with user defined renumbering (added suffix)  Then this
gets tied back in with schematic designators and becomes basically a mess.

PCB builds and renumbers arrays by adding a suffix ie    _1, _2, _3

SCH builds and renumbers arrays by incrementing the final number ie R1 -> R2

Copy and pasting renumbered arrays in PCB gives you bizarre results like R1_1_1
which is hard to tie back to the schematic to maintain DRC ability.

It really doesnt seem like a hard thing to get right.

"Geoff Harland" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 03/01/2002 11:11:30 AM