At 10:53 AM 3/1/2002 +1000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>Paired top and bottom silkscreens would be another idea worth considering.....

Within the meaning of "paired" as we have been discussing the issue, top
and bottom overlays (legend, silkscreen) are already paired.

>specially when Protel does such a lousy job of handling designator and part
>numbering. If you use the current system like designator = part  number = OA5,
>and use the designator mirrored and set to bottom silkscreen and part
>number set
>to top. Once you start to use pasted arrays and step/repeated sections,
>you get
>rubbish like connector names going from OA5  ->  OA5_1c. Looks like c**p on a
>board.

Near as I can tell, this has nothing to do with pairing. But I'm not
exactly sure what Mr. Broome is talking about.

The way that Protel handles repeated section designators could be improved
(I'd like a dialog box or configuration file or something other way to
control the process), to be sure, but that is another topic.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA