From: Abd ul-Rahman Lomax [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2002 5:43 AM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] spaces in footprint names

<SNIP>

Here is what I would suggest to Protel: remove any complete recognition of
spaces from filenames. When a file is loaded which contains spaces in the
name, replace them with an underscore. If a part is not found with the
underscore name, search for one with a space or with spaces where the
underscore or underscores exist (i.e., consider them equivalent). If a
library part is found to contain a space, query the user to allow the
program to replace it with an underscore.

(This would allow users who have used spaces to convert to underscores more
or less painlessly.)

If a user has used space vs. underscore to discriminate between two parts
in the enabled libraries, the same process should be followed that we wish
Protel followed with respect to any name duplications: the user should be
queried instead of automatically loading the first name. This, however,
should be a configurable option *if* Protel allows us to easily give
libraries priority.
<SNIP>

Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA