> At 01:12 PM 3/12/2002 -0500, Bagotronix Tech Support wrote:
> >When wanting a separator in names, I use the underscore '_'.  Will that
be a
> >legal character in this proposal?  I hope so.
>
> underscores and hyphens should definitely be legal characters. So should
> periods and asterisks and many or most other printing characters. Really,
> the entire problem is with spaces and perhaps upper/lower case.
>
> I'm not fond of lower case Ls. There is also a problem with O and zero
> which is not so easy to solve, unless it is insisted that zero have a
slash.

> Abdulrahman Lomax

Asterisks have traditionally been a special character (e.g. dir *.*), while
periods have traditionally been used to separate a file's extension from its
name. Even if periods were supported (in footprint names), supporting
asterisks could have an impact upon the ability to support search commands
(for footprint names within PCB Library files).

Regards,
Geoff Harland.
E-Mail Disclaimer