> Pro/Desktop Express seems to work well with QualECAD View3D.
> I created a few quick components and imported them into Protel/View3D via
VRML
> without difficulty.

yowsa!

> Pro/Desktop is sort of a "hidden gem" from PTC.  It is much easier to use
than
> Pro/Engineer -- very similar in user interface style to SolidWorks, Solid
Edge
> and Catia.  The free version appears to have all of the modelling
functions
> intact.  A feature comparison chart between it and the full version can be
seen
> in the FAQ at:   http://ptc.com/products/desktop/prodesktop_faq.htm

>From reading the review, Pro/Desktop is the result of the acquisition of
another company, hence the marked difference from the more expensive
offering. The marketing focus by the company is collaboration via the net &
this product is for use by the guys out in non-core areas who need an easy
to use tool.

I think for once a Marketing Department has got it right.  After
wasting/playing/exploring ( depends on how your PHB sees it ) a large chunk
of day I tend to agree with them.  There is a movie demo at their site which
illustrates a sample process, it is a sales video admittedly but it is
interesting watching for an example of the product in action.

Cheers

Don