Brian,

Now that I understand your motivation for the original post, maybe I can
offer further test patterns. I have scaleable resolution charts in pdf
format that, when viewed in full screen mode (in Acrobat Reader) allow
you to determine your monitor's finest resolution visually. Since the
graphics are determined through an equation instead of a bitmap, it
scales to any screen resolution. And they don't hurt your eyes like the
ones you were promoting (ouch, I still have a headache).

If you're interested, I can email them.

Bryn

--
Name   : Bryn Wolfe