From: Ian Wilson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, April 01, 2002 12:29 AM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] Footprint pads moving during or after
copy/paste/move processes.

. . .

Jami,

You can restrict actions to certain entity types - so if you are moving
designators you can set up a Move-String command (see the Move Process
reference) - this dramatically helps in dense designs.  The same is
possible with pads, components, tracks etc.  So if you are doing a lot
of
stuff on the same entity type setting up (or using the default commands)

that restrict actions to specific entity types is often useful.

As a check, I just tried to see if I could get a component primitive to
move with the PCB:MoveObject|Object=Pad process and parameter.  No go,
the
pad stayed fixed to the component.  The only method I knew of moving a
pad
of a component with locked primitives is to edit the pads XY coords.

Now I know another - some strange sequence of operations may cause it
when
moving/rotating a selection - at least that is what is seeming likely to
me
from Brad and Dennis's reports.

Bye for now,
Ian Wilson