Abdul wrote:

>You might also move a footprint pad by, for example, having selected
the
>pad and having left it selected, doing a global edit on a free pad and
>altering the X or Y coordinate, *and* changing the scope to "all
>primitives" from "free primitives." I haven't verified this; once
again,
>this would not be easy to do accidentally, particularly if one is
careful
>about global edits, as one should *always* be. Pay attention to the
count
>of changes reported before okaying it!!!

I have thought of this scenario, especially since the original post
implied that this could have happened in a MOVE or ROTATE, but the real
question is how do you select a PAD that has not been Freed from its
COMPONENT, or as in your example, leave it selected. The only way I can
think of to select a pad is to double click on it, and that opens a
dialog box. Now once the dialogue box is open you can CHECK the box next
to the word SELECTION, and that will leave the pad selected when the
dialogue box is closed, and then the scenario you describe could happen,
but that is a deliberate action that one would remember. I guess the
real question is will Protel allow you to SELECT a single PAD of a
COMPONENT with LOCKED PRIMITIVES by any other process, or at any other
time when the operator may be unaware of it.

JaMi Smith