>At 05:40 PM 3/28/2002 -0800, JaMi Smith wrote:
>>I guess the
>>real question is will Protel allow you to SELECT a single PAD of a
>>COMPONENT with LOCKED PRIMITIVES by any other process, or at any other
>>time when the operator may be unaware of it.
>
>Yes, it can be done, and it seems to be pretty harmless. One way is to
>press the Select button for a net in the panel. It will select all
>primitives belonging to that net, including pads.

By select button ... in the panel, I assume you meant the EDIT > SELECT
pull down menu. I tried that, and I guess it would be possible to use an
EDIT > DESELECT INSIDE command to deselect everything but the pad, but
that is pretty much of a long shot for what we are talking about.

I will say that I tend to agree with Brad and Jon in that I to have a
feeling that this unintentional and moving of a PAD (presumably by some
SELECT and MOVE process) without realizing it is some how possible in
some fashion, and that it can only be properly described as a bug.

JaMi