Ivan,
        I believe the problem with P&V is that accounting wants historical
pricing for multiple purchases to give a real value for the inventory. This
is one area that P&V doesn't appear to have all the features that a
accounting department wants. For the engineering environment P&V works just
fine, at our company we use two systems, P&V is just an engineering tool. We
pass our finalized BOM/Assy information to the main MRP system through CSV
files which they import.
        I agree with your assessment of accounting/MRP systems, you will
never find one that both ends love. That is why we have two. Just find two
that can work together with as little pain and effort as possible.
Sincerely,
Brad Velander.

Lead PCB Designer
Norsat International Inc.
Microwave Products
Tel   (604) 292-9089 (direct line)
Fax  (604) 292-9010
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.norsat.com

See us at Booth S8155 at NAB 2002 in Las Vegas April 8 - 11.

<SNIP>