Since it seems to get better over time is it possible that there is a
moisture or humidity related problem. I have seen surface mount chips
explode if they absorb moisture then get soldered. If the laminate has
moisture in it and it changes with the heating it may then relax as it
reabsorbs moisture. Try baking a board at a lower temperature and see if
you get the same warping. If this is the case it is a material problem.

Larry

Larry G. Nelson Sr.
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.ultranet.com/~nr