Many thanks,

Details are as follows:

6 Layer 1.6 FR4
8" x 10" Board

PCB support is a wasted rectangle 10mm wide along all edges, supporting PCB
at 2 or 3 points along each edge.  (First observation is that this should
have copper layers)

Layer stack up is two cores + two foils (sizes rounded to 1 decimal place)

R/P     Layer   Type                    thou
-       -       Resist          0.4
R       1       Ni/Au 0.5oz     1.1
R       1       Foil 0.5oz              0.7
-       -       Prepreg 7630    7.0
P       2       1oz Copper              1.4
-       -       Core                    15.0
R       3       1oz Copper              1.4
-       -       Prepreg 1080    5.0
-       -       Prepreg 1080    5.0
R       4       1oz Copper              1.4
-       -       Core                    15.0
P       5       1oz Copper              1.4
-       -       Prepreg 7630    7.0
R       6       Foil 0.5oz              0.7
R       6       Ni/Au 0.5oz             1.1
-       -       Resist          0.4
---------------------------------
Total                           64 = 1.625mm

Effects are:
Boards are flat from production, but twist on heating in solder reflow or
wave solder.

An analysis of 5 board produced 1 that exceeded the IPC warpage
specifications.

Trouble is all but one was too twisted to fit into the rack without effort.

We had the same problem with the alpha version, but here this was put down
to an incomplete plane
on the two plance layers, this has been changed to a full plane - no change
to warp.

Suggestions so far have been to:
0:      Add copper to waste (breakout) parts layers
1:      Change the breakout to a waste part scored along the two long edges.
2:      Use a three core construction
3:      Add copper hash to layers 3 and 4, (other either side of the two
cores)
4:      Change warp and weft of cores
5:      Increase core thickness and decrease 1080 prepreg thickness.
6:      Use 1.8 FR4 by increasing core thickness (undesireable)

So far we've had no input from the manufacturer as to what (if any) of the
above will be better, though
they agree that all should have some affect (positive or negative) on bow
and twist.

We've also noticed that over a long period (weeks) the twist gets less.

Regards

Jason.