At 04:04 PM 4/3/2002 -0500, Lomax wrote:
>This list is also not the prime place to find advice on this, I'd suggest
>the IPC Designers Forum. Butyou never can tell...

Well, I did leave a door open.... I strongly suspect that the solution is
somewhere among all the suggestions made here; certainly many possible
sources for the warping and fit problem were given that could be
investigated, including one excellent suggestion from Mr. Haddy:

>Another test: if you run two bare boards through reflow, with one
>"top" facing up and the other facing down, do both boards warp in
>the same direction, or is it always toward the "top" (or "bottom",
>as the case may be). The former would point to a reflow issue, while
>the latter would be related to board fab/design.

I also suggested something that would be related: making a more thorough
description of the warping, i.e., how much and in what way are the boards
warped; what is the distribution, how consistent is it, etc. This
information could help to interpret the results of the test Mr. Haddy
suggested.