Abd ulRahman Lomax wrote:

> At 12:40 AM 4/17/2002 +0000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >I am looking to import Tango(DOS) schematic and PCB  files into Protel
> >99SE. Is this supported by Protel ? If so, what's the process ?
>
> Better to join the list and ask, then you'll know faster when you get an
> answer, since you'll get it by email....
>
> Yes, Tango DOS can be imported into Protel. There are two basic methods.
> One is to use Protel Advanced PCB 2.8, which directly imported Tango DOS.
> More recent versions of Protel will read 2.8 files. Protel used to supply
> 2.8 to users of more recent versions, without charge, upon request. They
> might still do that, but there are also many of us who would do the
> translation free or for a low charge....

BUT, this applies ONLY to PCB, not schematic.  A few years ago, when
we made the switch, I inquired at Router Solutions, and they said if
we paid $10K in advance, they'd see what they could do for us.  They had
no Tango -> Protel schematic conversion at the time.  I still don't know
of a way to do it, but since the two systems share a LOT of database
internal features, due to their common origin, it should not be real
hard to do.  I've just never needed it bad enough to try my hand at it.

Jon