Hello Bernhard,

Saturday, May 25, 2002, 1:04:40 AM, you wrote:

> i am trying to make an footprint for an smd-oscillator. but if this
> smd-device isn't available i want to use a through-hole part.
> so i made a footprint in my pcb-library which works for both parts. i
> assigned the same pinnumber to 2 different pads and connected them with a
> wire. this causes different drc-errors and makes complete autorouting
> impossible because i can't assign a net to the wire bewtwen my 2 pads.
> anybody had that problem before or a good idea?

> kind regards
>             bernhard

The simplest, safest solution is to show two oscillators on the
schematic, one with the smd footprint, and one with the through-hole
footprint (and a note indicating that only one will be installed!).

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI    Vancouver, B.C., Canada
Vancouver Power Squadron: http://vancouver-webpages.com/van-ps